Join Our Team
Specialty Industries is an employment choice for adults with developmental and/or physical disabilities.
Work for St. Joseph's premiere packaging & assembly source.
Specialty Industries is an Extended Employment Sheltered Workshop employing individuals with disabilities to perform contract packaging and assembly in a light-industrial environment.
- All production employees must be at least 16 years of age and certified for sheltered employment through Vocational Rehabilitation.
- We respect each employee’s abilities and offer continued training to provide the opportunity for employment success.
- Specialty Industries does not provide transportation for our employees. St. Joseph Transit includes our facility on their daily bus route. Grants may be available to offset the costs of OATS transportation.
- Production employees work Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm. Employees are provided with two (2) ten (10)-minute breaks and a thirty (30)- minute lunch break.
- Employees earn their wage based on their individual production performance. It is our policy to make job assignments based upon the abilities of individual production employees and the deadlines of each job.
- All staff and management are CPR certified.
Life at S.I.
Follow us on Facebook or view our feed on the right to see what the Specialty Industries crew has been up to!
Perks & Benefits
Paid Winter Vacation and Birthdays
At Specialty Industries, we recognize that people need a break from work to rest and re-boot. That’s why we offer paid vacation over the winter holidays and each employee gets to take their birthday off (if they choose 😉).
Specialty Industries understands that since our business is powered by people, it is important to take care of them. And when people are appreciated, they do a better job. That’s why we go out of our way to show our gratitude for their hard work and commitment.
Life and Job Skills Development
People who come to work at Specialty Industries often learn essential skills that help them live more independently and even go on to gain competitive employment in the community.
Here at Specialty Industries, we know that the people we work with everyday often become an important part of our lives. We look for every opportunity to nurture those connections and create opportunities for lifetime bonds.